Do you want to start using Facebook to get more customers but don't know where to start? If so, this post is for you.
In this post, I'm going to cover the 7 most common types of campaigns you can run, in order of difficulty. I'll spell out how you should run them to get the best results.
1. Brand Awareness - Facebook makes this easy for you, and it's inexpensive - you can do it for as little as a dollar a day. Just press the "boost post" or "promote page" button and tell Facebook who you want to see your ad and how much you want to spend. You should be running this type of campaign all the time. It builds recognition and trust in your product or service.
2. Email List Building - This is another type of campaign you should be doing all the time and it's fairly easy to put together. With this type of campaign you will need to offer some type of incentive to get people to give you their name and email address. The incentive doesn't need to be anything big - it could be a free download or a coupon for a discount. People are hip to giving their email addresses in exchange for little freebies. If what you're giving is of value to them, they'll give you their email. Just be sure to let them know you won't be spamming them all the time.
3. Booking Free Appointments - These type of campaigns are best for fitness and yoga studios or businesses who offer memberships. Offer a free trial then send people to a page where they need to give you their name, email and a phone number. Now you have their information to follow up, get them into your business and work your magic.
4. Webinar Registrations - Most people equate webinars with Internet businesses but if you run any type of seminar, you can use a webinar. The key is to have enough brand recognition or valuable content that people will want to give up their time to spend it with you learning about whatever your product or service is. Webinars are an easier sell too, because people can participate in their jammies with a glass of beer or wine, and they don't have to get a sitter for the kids. And there is usually a recording they can watch later if they can't make the live webinar, or have to leave early.
5. Book Paid Appointments - And by appointment, I mean getting them into your business. So for a restaurant it might be offering a free appetizer with dinner. For a spa it might be a free upgrade when they book before a certain time. You could also offer some reward or perk to your existing customers when one of their friends books an appointment with you.
6. Meet in Person - This is the seminar or "free consultation" and it's difficult to get results for. First off, people know it's a sales call. Second, you are asking for people's time which these days is in pretty high demand for all of us. To be successful with this type of campaign, you are going to have to give away a lot of value during the appointment.
7. Purchase Online - The most difficult type of campaign to run is to get someone to purchase online. You need to clearly convey the benefit of your product or service AND you need to have established trust with your audience. The more expensive your product or service, the more time you have to spend with your audience. What's more is people may know the benefit and they may trust your company, but they are waiting for the right deal before they'll pull out their wallet.
So there you have it! The 7 most common types of campaigns you can run on Facebook. If you have any questions or need clarification, email me directly or send a message to my Facebook page at m.me/adsbyarleen